Most people join a union because they want protection at work – help with pay and conditions of service, legal or health and safety advice or representation in case things go wrong at work. That’s what we’re here for.
UNISON negotiates on pay and working conditions at every level – local, regional and national. However being a UNISON member also gives you a wide range of benefits and unbeatable deals.
Download your membership application form (deductions via salary) or join online or by contacting our branch firstname.lastname@example.org .
Some great reasons to Join us
- Unrivalled protection and representation at work
- Help with pay and conditions of service
- Health and safety guidance and support
- Confidential welfare services for you and your dependents in difficult times
- Excellent legal services including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families
- Pensions advice
- A special hotline, UNISONdirect, for help and advice on workplace issues
- Online employment and workplace advice www.unison.org.uk
- Education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications
But we also do a lot more:-
- Cash benefits for accidents and injuries at work
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year, a fortnightly newspaper for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity
- Special deals on everything from computers, tax returns, holidays, mortgages, car breakdown services, insurance and credit cards (membership services)
- Our own holiday centre for members and families at the Devon seaside