Are you looking for a challenge?
Are you the person who can make our Branch’s voice be heard?
Here at our Branch we have a small number of voluntary Officers and Stewards and we have a vacancy in our team for a Communications Officer.
We need someone who can communicate with openness, transparency, share and engage our messages with members:
• to lead on the development of electronic communication with members – email, web, etc
• work with the Branch Administrator to produce news-sheets or bulletins for distribution to branch members
• assist the Membership officer and Branch Administrator with efforts to recruit new members
• to help support UNISON’s national and regional campaigns – make sure materials are distributed
• help create a positive image for the branch among members, potential members and the public
• monitor local media for stories which affect the branch and take appropriate action
• To help ensure that the branch makes effective contact with the media whenever necessary by:
• creating and maintaining lists of media and contacts
• writing press releases
• ensuring that appropriate individuals within the branch are available for comments, interviews etc
• writing ‘letters to the editor’.
If this role is for you please get in touch by contacting Richard Holmes Branch Secretary at email@example.com .
Members vote for action – but turnout fails to meet Trade Union Act threshold. Read the full article Higher education ballot result .
Don’t miss the Branch Christmas Social
Thursday 6 December, 12:15-2pm, Function Room, University Arms, 197 Brookhill Road.
There will be a hot buffet lunch, refreshments and loads of prizes to be won!
A great opportunity to meet other members and get to know your Branch Officers, Stewards and Workplace Representatives.
Do you have a colleague who isn’t yet a member? Why not invite them to come to the social and to get to know us.
For catering purposes please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance and let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Friday 7 December 2018 (Apply by: Friday 9 November 2018) places are limited.
Non-residential at UNISON Regional Centre, Commerce House, Leeds
This workshop, run by True Bearing Chartered, will make you aware of your choices and aid you in your decision making around retirement.
Is this workshop for me?
If you are retiring imminently or considering retiring within the next 18 months and want to be informed of the issues affecting your retirement you need to plan for your next phase of life.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
• Create your own route path from the world of work to the world of retirement,
• Identify changes in both pensions and financial regulations which will affect your retirement decisions,
• Identify the long term issues affecting your retirement,
• Identify personal and lifestyle actions which will help to improve your retirement,
• Start the process of planning for a successful retirement.
At True Bearing Chartered we can provide you with comprehensive independent financial advice to improve your financial security.
Cost to Branches: £10
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com
Are you coming up to retirement?
Do you know that you can continue to get benefits of being a UNISON member after you leave The University of Sheffield?
As a retired member you would still have access to UNISON Welfare and UNISON Legal Services as well as receiving special rates or increased benefits from UNISON’s service providers.
All for a flat rate of £15 what a bargain!
You just need to have been a member for at least 2 years and to apply within 2 years of retiring from UoS and to be either be getting a pension or have reached the state pension age.
retired members app 2018
If you would like a UNISON 2019 diary please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diaries will be available for collection at the UNISON Christmas Social on Thursday 6 December between 12-2 pm.
2019 desk calendars are available for all members.