Are you looking for a challenge?
Are you the person who can make our Branch’s voice be heard?
Here at our Branch we have a small number of voluntary Officers and Stewards and we have a vacancy in our team for a Communications Officer.
We need someone who can communicate with openness, transparency, share and engage our messages with members:
• to lead on the development of electronic communication with members – email, web, etc
• work with the Branch Administrator to produce news-sheets or bulletins for distribution to branch members
• assist the Membership officer and Branch Administrator with efforts to recruit new members
• to help support UNISON’s national and regional campaigns – make sure materials are distributed
• help create a positive image for the branch among members, potential members and the public
• monitor local media for stories which affect the branch and take appropriate action
• To help ensure that the branch makes effective contact with the media whenever necessary by:
• creating and maintaining lists of media and contacts
• writing press releases
• ensuring that appropriate individuals within the branch are available for comments, interviews etc
• writing ‘letters to the editor’.
If this role is for you please get in touch by contacting Richard Holmes Branch Secretary at email@example.com .